Thanks Fashion Huntress for nominating me for the Leibster Award! Leibster is a german word which means: sweetheart, beloved person, darling dear, darling; beloved, liked very much; affectionate, loving favorite, preferred above others; liked or loved above others. The purpose of this award is to recognize up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. Everyone who is nominated is a winner with this award! (aka no final vote etc.)
To accept the Liebster Award, the rules are as follows:
1. You must link back the person who nominated you (see above!)
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. (below)
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers (below- didn’t quite make it to 10 because a lot of great blogs I follow have more than 200 readers! )
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (below)
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees. (in process!)
Questions I was asked to answer:
1. What is your favorite time of day and day of the week? Hmmm, I wouldn’t say I’m a morning person but once I’m awake, I kinda love those few minutes you have to yourself with a cup of coffee before the day starts and gets crazy. Favorite day depends on the day I get off which changes every week!
2. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging for several reasons: 1) To have a place besides facebook to post all my food porn! 2) To push myself to test and create new dishes- or else I would find myself baking the same things over and over.
3. What’s your favorite article of clothing that you own? I just recently purchased an adorable dress from Madewell with a fruit pattern on an off white background with side cutouts and pockets. Love dresses with pockets!
4. If you were given a free shopping spree at any store of your choice, where would you pick? Saks 5ht Avenue
5.Who is your favorite designer? I love bags/purses by Marc by Marc Jacobs. Dresses by Oscar de La Renta. In my price range, my favorite store currently is Madewell.
6. What is your favorite quote to live by? “Everything in moderation, including moderation” ~Julia Childs
7. What is your shameless guilty pleasure? US weekly
8. Whose style do you most admire throughout history? Love Miranda Kerr, Gwyneth Paltrow, Natalie Portman- always classy but stylish
9. What is one item on your current wishlist? A new pair of Tory Burch black patent leather flats.
10. What is your favorite holiday? Passover! I love cooking a huge seder dinner and inviting all my friends over. The foods have such strong childhood memories for me!
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is the one ingredient you cannot live without?
2. What is your favorite cooking appliance?
3. If you had unlimited money to travel to another country for 2 weeks, where would you go?
4. Favorite guilty pleasure food?
5. What is your favorite season of the year?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
8. What would your last meal be?
9. What is your favorite way to de-stress?
10. If you won the lottery, would you quit your current job?